How to Find Column A

There are times in the workplace when employees 'accidently' hide columns or rows in Excel and they start to panic and say, " Where did my data go? I spent all day entering these numbers and I can't find it. I hope I didn't delete anything! " Well, sometimes the person did delete the data and you can only pray that they saved a backup copy. Some other times, they might have just 'hidden' the data by mistake. Let's take a look at the latter situation.

Figure 1.1























First, check to see if the panes have been frozen. If they are, we'll turn it off by going to Windows>Unfreeze Panes. See Figure 1.2.

Figure 1.2















Now, type A1 into the Name Box and press the Enter key. See Figure 1.3.

Figure 1.3














Now go to Format>Column>Unhide. See Figure 1.4.

Figure 1.4















You should now be able to see Column A (and myself). See Figure 1.5

Figure 1.5





















That's it! Keep Excelling!

No comments: